Team of Chinese Translators
Dekyi Ng - Portuguese and Chinese Translator based in Dubai, UAE and Macau
Dekyi, a graduate of University of Cambridge and Polytechnic Institute of Macau, provides Chinese translation, Mandarin and Cantonese interpretation, and Portuguese translation and interpretation services in Dubai, UAE and surrounding cities. Below is the summary of her qualifications.
Summary of Qualifications
Macau Translation Limited
Freelance Translator and Interpreter January 2006 – Present
About the business: Specialized in providing interpretation and translations for businesses in Hong Kong and Macau.
· Providing simultaneous interpretation services at major conferences, with average number of attendants exceeding 300.
· Acting as the simultaneous interpreter for clients, for example, between buyers and sellers in the fashion industry.
· Rendering translation services to clients in various industries.
Grand Lisboa, Macao
IT Compliance Officer January 2007 – October 2008
About the business: Grand Lisboa is one of the biggest hotels and casinos in Macao. The 430-room hotel was opened in 2008.
· Developed and reviewed the bi-lingual (in both Chinese and English) policies and procedures for the IT Department, and to revise them as appropriate.
· Managed the Department’s compliance program and monitored the compliance of the program by other departments in the Company.
· Followed-up on all non-compliance cases to the compliance program to ensure the operations of the hotel and casino are conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
Universal Buddhist Merciful Society, Macao
Project Coordinator September 2003 – December 2005
· Responsible for overseeing the projects of this non-profit organization.
· Acted as the chief contact person with external parties (including government officials).
· Participated in the lobbying activities with the Macau Government in relation to the Society’s expansion construction project in 2003.
Fine Arts & Crafts Company – Sales Business Department September 2002 – August 2003
· Acted as the personal assistant to the senior management of the Company.
· Provided translation and interpretation services for the management.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION
ITIL v3 Foundation, July 2008
Polytechnic Institute, Macao
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chinese-English Translation and Interpretation, 2007
University of Cambridge, the United Kingdom
International Diploma of Computer Studies, 2002
· Fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).
· Conversant in Portuguese and Japanese.
· Software Suites: SAP (E-Commerce and E-Security), ITIL v3 Foundation
· Graphics / presentation applications: VISIO, Microsoft PowerPoint, and CorelDraw.
· Word-processing and spreadsheet applications: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MS Project and Chinese word-processing.
ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
· Part-time English teacher for adult students at Colegio Catolico Estrela do Mar (a Catholic school) in Macao
· The 18th Macau Scout Group, Scout Group Leader since 1994
· Children Buddhism Playgroup, Tutor since 2003
· St. John’s First Aider since 1999
· Possess strong inter-personal as well as presentation skills, conscientious and can work under extreme pressure.
· A good team player who can work well independently as well.
· Enjoy traveling.
References available upon request