Team of Court Certified Chinese Interpreters
Minshu, Chinese Translator and Mandarin Interpreter in Chicago, Illinois
Minshu is a Chinese translator and Mandarin interpreter based in Hammond, Indiana. She covers the area of southern Chicago as well as northwestern Indiana. She frequently travels for Chinese translation and Mandarin interpretation assignments in Chicago and is praised by our clients to be one of the best Chinese translators in greater Chicago area.
Please see below for her information.
MANDARIN/ENGLISH TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER (BOTH DIRECTIONS)
- Certified Mandarin/English translator/interpreter proficient in facilitating cross-lingual and cross-cultural communications.
FREELANCE – CONSECUTIVE INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR /LANGUAGE TEACHER 2007-2010
- Telephone interpretation and video interpretation
1. Medical: regular check-ups; lab tests; gynecologist visits; dental work; mental therapy; emergencies.
2. Insurance and Social Services: Medicare & Medicaid; auto claims; worker’s compensation claims; unemployment benefits; Food stamp, cash and medical assistance;
3. Court: immigration and naturalization; small claims; bankruptcy.
- Face to face interpretation
1. Business conference
2. Medical facilitation: early intervention.
3. Court dates
- Translation and Transcription
2. Brochures and catalogues
3. Certificates and legal documents
5. Guides and manuals
- Mandarin voice over
- Teaching Chinese language classes
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS – PURDUE UNIVERSITY, IN 2005-2007 2002 to 2004
Program Translator/Graduate Assistant
- Drafting bilingual bilateral project proposals and MOUs, setting up project goal, detailing procedure, timetable, and evaluation standards.
- Consecutive interpreting for Chancellor and the Head of Center for International Programs on bilateral conferences; translating agreements, letters, emails, and other key documents.
- Facilitating communications in the multilingual and multicultural contexts among parties involving Purdue University faculty and staff, Chinese higher education scholars, Chinese students, etc.
- Coordinating with projects implementation, including the ESL (English as a Second Language) program between Purdue University and Changzhou University Town, and the Undergraduate Students Exchange program between Purdue University and Haerbin No.3 Middle School in China, etc.
- Initiating and realizing projects evaluation, including questionnaire designing and data analyzing.
- Helping expanding Purdue academic foreign exchange programs to include more countries such as India, Chile, South Korea, etc, shortening their “learning curve”.
- Introducing successful projects to similar department at other Purdue campuses.
BEIJING NEW ORIENTAL SCHOOL - CHINA
1999 to 2004
- Teaching TOEFL, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Helping hiring and training new candidates for teaching positions.
- Participating in planning and designing training materials.
- Working as Chancellor’s academic assistant.
- National Accreditation Examinations for Translators and Interpreters (NAETI) Certificate of English Interpretation (Written): Level II China 2009
- National Accreditation Examinations for Translators and Interpreters (NAETI) Certificate of English Interpretation (Oral): Level II China 2009
- Associate member in good standing of the American Translators Association 2011
PURDUE UNIVERSITY– HAMMOND, IN
Master of Arts in Communication Studies, 2005-2007, GPA: 3.76/4/0
ZHONGNAN UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND LAW – WUHAN, CHINA
Bachelor of Arts in International Finance, 1995-1999, GPA: 3.85/4.0