Team of Court Certified Chinese Interpreters
Cher Xie- Mandarin and Cantonese Interpreter in Chicago
Cher is a Mandarin and Cantonese interpreter in Chicago. She provides Mandarin and Cantonese consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services in Chicago and surrounding areas. Her previous experiences include being an interpretation trainer for the Kun Shan Government of China. Please see below for details about her:
Mandarin and Cantonese Interpreter, Chinese Translator in Chicago
Shanghai International Studies University, Shanghai, China July 2004
B.A. English language and literature
Mandarin and Cantonese Interpreter, Chinese Translator in Chicago May 2010- Present
Provided professional interpretation (Chinese-English/ Cantonese-English) for patients and doctors in medical centers and hospitals.
Capgemini (China) Co. Ltd （Consulting, Technology, outsourcing） April 2008- March,2010
Executive Interpreter: Provide English-Mandarin simultaneous & consecutive interpretation /translation services for consulting company, including meetings with governmental officers, international conferences, presentations, press conferences, strategy operation meetings and correspondences etc
- Provide simultaneous interpretation/consecutive interpretation service to the Global Senior Vice President during his meetings with the Mayor / Party secretary of Hangzhou, Nanjing and Kunshan etc
- Provide simultaneous interpretation/consecutive interpretation service to the Global Senior Vice President in Strategy operation meetings with the Chinese colleagues.
- Provide consecutive interpretation service to the Global Executive officers during their public presentations in International Finance/ Outsourcing Conferences
- Provide consecutive interpretation service in the company’s ceremonies and press conferences
- Provide translation service to the China CEO in his correspondence with the Group leaders.
Golden-United Construction & Development Co., Ltd,
Shanghai, China Nov 2004 – March 2008
In-house Interpreter/Translator & CEO Assistant:
- Provide English-Cantonese-Mandarin interpretation/translation services for real estate company, including presentations, conferences, correspondences, architectural designs, business documents and websites
- Organize meetings and conferences, record meeting minutes, file documents, handle correspondences with partners &clients, and provide monthly and annual report to CEO
Freelance Interpretation Services, Shanghai, China
Sept 2005 – Dec, 2007
Freelance Interpreter/Translator: Provide professional interpretation/translation for negotiations, exhibitions, meetings, trainings and documents. Projects include:
- Negotiation conference between Roch of Ages Corp (top 3 marble suppliers in USA) and XiaMen Hong Xing Natural Stone Trading Corp.
- Monthly market analysis report of chemical products
- Summary of Debt of Sin by famous Chinese writer Ye Xin.
Kun Shan Government, Kun Shan, China Nov 2005 – Mar
Interpretation Trainer: Design and conduct interpretation training for multinational company staff and advanced interpretation courses to adult students
· Member / President, Toastmasters International Club (public speaking organization)
· Member / Project Coordinator, Hands on Shanghai (Non-governmental organization which volunteer programs for professionals)
Cantonese (Native), Mandarin (Excellent), English (Excellent)
Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PPT