ChinaSona Foundation will be holding Court Interpreter Exam Preparation Class (see Court Interpreter Exam Preparation Class), also known as the CA Court Bilingual Exam with the following details:
Instructor: Samuel Chong, resume
- Certified court interpreter in California and New York, federal court registered interpreter
- One of the earliest certified court interpreters who taught classes and many of his students passed court interpreter examinations
- Former evaluator of an interpretation exam in Los Angeles
- Taught at UCLA Extension for its Programs in Interpretation and Translation
- Taught at LA Institute of Translation and Interpretation
- Published court exam preparation materials
- Basic information about the CA Court Bilingual Exam
- Basic introduction about the California Court Bilingual Exam written exam and oral exam
- Simulated California Court Bilingual Exam
- California Court Interpreter Exam preparation (consecutive interpretation, sight translation, simultaneous interpretation
- One on one preparation in class
- Court interpretation practice
- Business interpretation, fundamentals and practice
- Medical interpretation, its basics
Once a week, every Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 7:30pm, with practice/intern
opportunities on weekdays
Location: 401 N. Garfield Ave., Ste 1, Alhambra, CA 91801
Email: [email protected]
Maximum Number of Participants: 8
Cost: $550 for a two month program
Starting Date: 2/10/2016
Books and Materials
Acebo Interpreter's Edge
Simulated California Court Bilingual Exam
Sight Translation and Written Translation Practice
Approved Continuing Education Activity with CIMCE Credits - Syllabus
CIMCE Credits - Approved Continuing
Application has been approved by the Judicial Council for Court Interpreter Minimum Continuing Education credit.
Comparative Interpretation, A Comparative Study
Learner Objectives: To learn the art of note-taking by using symbols and/or Chinese characters, and to compare the characteristics of English to Chinese and Chinese to English translation/interpretation
Date, Time, Location, and Contact Information:
Saturday July 13, 2013
(Please call us for scheduled future CIMCE credited classes)
401 N. Garfield Ave, Ste 1, Alhambra, Ca 91801
10am to 2pm Consecutive interpretation: the art of
note-taking by using symbols and/or Chinese characters.
(Students will practice different note-taking skills)
2pm to 5pm Interactive study: The characteristics of English to Chinese and Chinese to English translation/interpretation, and the current market conditions for translators and interpreters
Roster of Attendance will be provided before the start of the class and Certificate of Completion will be provided after the class.
Refund policies: Since payments for the above interpretation class are accepted on site, there will be no refunds once fees are paid.
Notification of activity cancellation: In case the above interpretation class is cancelled, we shall notify potential students 5 (five) business days before the start of the class.
Also see Chinese interpretation classes for interpreters-to-be.