Team of Court Certified Chinese Interpreters
Andrew - Mandarin and Cantonese Interpreter in New York City, New York
Andrew is a Mandarin and Cantonese interpreter in New York City, New York. He has strong financial background and is familiar with financial related terminologies. In particular, he participated in the London School of Economics & Peking University Joint Program in Beijing, China in the summer of 2008. Please see his resume below.
Baruch College, CUNY – New York, N.Y.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance & Investments – Overall GPA 3.164 ; Major GPA 3.287 June 2009
London School of Economics & Peking University Joint Program - Beijing, China
Multinational Finance Course Summer 2008
- Studied international financial and monetary framework, balance of payments, exchange rate regimes (history of Bretton
Wood/Gold Standard, fixed/floating rate) and financial derivative hedging strategies
Borough of Manhattan Community College, CUNY - New York, NY
Liberal Arts coursework completed May2006
Brown Brothers Harriman – Jersey City, NJ June2010 – Present
Operation Specialist (Temp)
- Support fixed income notification team within corporate actions department, research/create/monitor 200+ daily CMO/dividend payments to reflect an accurate income projection
- Resolve clients' inquires, such as conflicting data/inaccurate projections/rate discrepancies/duplicate announcements using external research (DTCC, Euroclear, company website, Bloomberg Terminal)
- Participate in a 3-month DTCC Reengineering project, responsible for executing BA test scripts – examine new 20022 in-bound swift messages, identify defects, and monitor in-bound mapping accuracy, RP's projection and payment
ARJ Strategy Partner, LLC – Long Island, NY
Analyst Oct.2009 – May 2010
- Focused on marketing for fund raising initiative includes crafting PowerPoint presentation, analyzing hedge fund database to write market report and attending HedgeCo business conference
- Conducted buy-side fundamental research by producing Excel valuation model, FCF/DCF analysis and invested capital calculation and writing condensed SWOT reports.
- Managed long-term option trading strategy, analyzed in house capital at risk, leverage ratios, premium ratios.
Reuven Enterprises - New York, NY Jan.2006 –
- Conducted an average of 400-500 professional phone sales to acquire potential leads with minimum net worth of $500,000.
-Reviewed pitch book, gained valuable exposure in equity research, asset raising and most importantly client management as well as some best industry sales techniques.
Abacus Federal Savings Bank - New York, NY
Sept.2005 – Apr.2006
- Handled all types of banking transactions, including business deposit, withdrawal, funds transferring and process loan payments in excess of $100,000 on a daily basis
- Promoted and referred banking services, consistently cross-sell financial products and handled customers’ inquires to ensure concerns are addressed and satisfaction levels are high
Achievement and Leadership Experience:
Treasurer, Vice President of Political Action Club
– Baruch College Fall 2008
- Managed and balanced annual budget to reflect all expenditures, arrange weekly meetings and other special events. Informed the student body of major political issues and to raise awareness of government policies and actions.
Financial Modeling Training Program – Wall
St. Training Inc. Fall 2007
- Completed a 3-day financial training on topics included: fundamental accounting/finance concepts on annual financial statement, Excel modeling techniques (DCF, comps analysis) and basic M&A modeling.
Vice President of Chess Club – Borough of
Manhattan Community College Spring 2006
- Played chess, more chess, and more chess. Learned theories, techniques and strategies.
- Advanced computer and research skills: Words, Excel,
PowerPoint, various database system: LexisNexis, International
Directory of Business Histories and Reuters 3000
- Bilingual in Mandarin and Cantonese, advanced reading and verbal